Sunday 7 December 2008

Finally We Got It

Hi, 

We finally got one, after few weeks of research, contacts and negotiations, we are the proud owners of a Renault 4L. We went yesterday to close the deal and bring it back home.

After arranging the garage in the morning to accommodate the new comer, we drove on Mouna's car to Lyon suburbs, met the seller, signed all the paper work & got it.

Coming back home was fun, a mixture of fear, adventure, happiness...everything really. I was afraid the 4L will not make it home. Given that it dates from 1981 and to arrive home we need to pass by some steep hills through the Alps and I was afraid that it will heat, catch fire...

The trip was great. After stopping at Mcdo for a quick lunch, Hiba joined me on the 4L and as we had no entertainment system we had to find a way to kill time. from I spy with my little eye something starting with X, to I spy with my little eye 4 words starting with M, I, N, B (Mummy Is Not Behind - When we lost trace of Mouna behind us  :)) we managed to fill the lack of entertainment system. Hiba enjoyed changing gears in this car.

After a steep hill (First really steep one), I stopped to check if everything is OK and it was the case. No serious heating, water is still there... It was also a chance to get Nada with me instead of Hiba. She also enjoyed it and we played her special way of I spy with my little eye...She also put her hand on the gears.

We arrived home at 7:30 after a good 3 hours and a half (Usually we make 2 hours using the highway)

It looks like the 4L is a good one, we did not have a single problem on this first long trip (200 Km) and we hope that it will remain like this.

We will post some photos later.

No comments: